A magnificent estate hidden away in Lymington in the New Forest, Pylewell Park has been a family home to the Roper-Curzon family for the last eight years. One of ten children, David inherited the house from his father, who celebrated his 90th birthday on Christmas Day.Four years in the making, Pylewell Park is a brand-new wedding venue offering you complete exclusivity to celebrate your love story. Boasting beautiful views of the rolling countryside and even a spectacular sea aspect, the venue is guaranteed to capture your heart. We are offering the setting for weddings, corporate entertaining and private parties. With over 5 generations having lived at this magnificent country estate, Pylewell Park has a rich and extensive history. You can read all about its history here.
Our Favourite Historic Facts
- Pre-war, Pylewell Park housed over 40 servants.
- During the First World War, the top floor of Pylewell Park was transformed into a hospital for officers on the frontline, many of which had suffered through gas attacks. There is a plaque in the hallway to commemorate this.
- During the Second World War, the estate was requisitioned for military use.
- Two parts of the house were knocked down,including the vast Ballroom that once hosted many fabulous parties and dances.
- Pylewell Park has seen Italian Prisoners of War walk through the entrance.
- Channel 4’s adaption of ‘The Scandalous Lady Worsley’ was a true story that took place at Pylewell Park. You can read more about that right here. It ultimately led to the first legal precedent in favour of women.
- Many keen sailors have embarked on yacht races and regattas at Pylewell’s private beach.
Now you’re clued up on the history of Pylewell Park, you can find out why it’s promises an unforgettable setting for your celebration. Launched in Autumn 2018, the team want you to feel like the venue is a home from home. It’s warm, welcoming and quirky with a dash of luxury. You will be spoilt with 27 acres of gardens, a tranquil lake and access to our very own private beach.
Newly built, the Pavillion offers everything you need for you to host an epic celebration, with seating for up to 150 guests. Designed by Simon Bond Events, this magnificent structure features a bar, a dance-floor area and floor to ceiling glass panels. The sumptuous interiors include striking chandeliers, wooden trestle tables, oak cross back chairs and gilded accents throughout the space.
The hallway of the house is licensed for wedding ceremonies, a truly exquisite setting for you to say,‘I Do’. For couples who can’t think of anything more romantic than an outdoor ceremony, our beautiful gazebo and surrounding balustrade will be the perfect choice. Alternatively, there is a small Church nearby if you’d like a religious ceremony. We offer onsite glamping, as well as an elegant bridal suite where you can stay for the duration of the weekend.